Introducing Kerio Connect 9.2Big Mountain remains committed to providing the best Kerio Connect Hosting user experience possible. This post is to announce the latest improvements to the Kerio Connect mail server. Kerio has released Kerio Connect version 9.2. It contains the following improvements:
Kerio Connect Client for Windows and Mac
Users can now install Kerio Connect Client to their desktops. Apart from having all the features of the browser-based client, users can also enjoy the benefits of a native OS application, such as emoji, dictation and text to speech.
Read more in our Knowledge Base: Kerio Connect Client for Windows and Mac
Administrators can manage all Kerio Connect deployments through the MyKerio service. Admins can remotely access the administration of multiple Kerio products (Kerio Connect, Kerio Control, and Kerio Operator) easily in one place.
You can also use MyKerio app for iOS and Android to monitor your appliances.
Kerio Anti-spam and Bayesian filtering working together
Kerio Connect 9.2.0 introduces the possibility to use Kerio Anti-spam and Bayesian filtering at the same time to detect more spams.
Read more in our Knowledge Base: Kerio Anti-spam filter
Spark for iOS now supports Kerio Connect
You can easily set up your Spark email app on iOS devices using the integrated Kerio Connect profile.
Read more in our Knowledge Base: Integrating your account with Spark by Readdle
Improved synchronization to iOS devices
You don’t have to wait for periodic synchronization of your account anymore. Kerio Connect now synchronizes your emails and contacts in real time.
Changes in System Requirements
- macOS Sierra
- iOS 10
- Android 7
- Safari 10
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10
For more details, read Kerio Connect technical specifications.
+ Added feature
* Improved/changed feature
– Bug fixed
! Known issue / missing feature
Version 9.2 – October 25th, 2016
+ New Kerio Connect Client applications for Windows and Mac.
+ Added push notifications for CardDAV (iOS, macOS) and IMAP (iOS).
* Improved Exchange Web Services compatibility with mobile and desktop clients.
* Service start on CentOS 7 now waits for all network and local filesystem services.
* Upgraded OpenSSL library to version 1.0.1u.
– Apple Calendar on OS X 10.11 may become unresponsive when editing an event in a public calendar.
– Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac with Exchange Web Services account could cause high CPU usage while synchronizing shared calendars with many events.
– Notification about expired mailbox quota could be delivered more frequently than configured.
– Fixed a problem during server shutdown initiated by administrator when server was doing a mailbox maintenance.
– VCARD with lowercase attributes may not be completely synchronized to Exchange ActiveSync clients.
– Fixed push authentication for CalDAV on iOS.
– Fixed occasional delay when message is being sent by ActiveSync on BlackBerry 10.
– Fixed occasional slow attachment download by ActiveSync on BlackBerry 10.
Kerio Connect Client
+ Added support for desktop notifications in Microsoft Edge.
+ When loading attendee/resource presence status spinner is displayed instead of ‘not available’.
+ vCard email attachment can be directly saved as a contact.
+ In chat, Shift+Enter wraps a line as well as Ctrl+Enter.
* Improvements in email preview (all the header information displayed directly; high priority label emphasized; improved certificate issue warnings).
* New design of email autocomplete with contact photos.
* Better performance in email composer and in email preview.
* Attachments are not visible if the email is encrypted and certificate store is closed.
* Date separator in chat displayed only once for each day.
* Time fields in event editor accept all possible time formats regardless of user locale.
* Contact list ordering and grouping improved.
– A specific instance of public recurrent event could not be changed.
– Data is not lost when moving contacts between folders.
– Internet Explorer 10 is not a supported browser.
– Blank window is not opened when opening attachment in external app.
– Reminder is not dismissed when desktop notification is closed.
– Improved performance when moving contacts between folders.
– Sharing dialog constrained to the browser viewport, its buttons displayed correctly.
– Action buttons could be hidden in sharing window with many users.
Kerio Outlook Connector
– Groupware folder deleted in Kerio Connect Client may not be removed from Outlook.
Kerio Connect Administration
+ Added an option for remote administration and management through the MyKerio service.
* Integrated Bayes antispam filter is optional for Kerio Anti-spam.
– Company location is properly used in domain footer.
– Fixed adding Message filter rules in MSIE 11.
– Many small bug fixes and translation improvements.
Kerio Connect Appliances
* Operating system was upgraded from Debian 7 to Debian 8.
* OVF Format has been updated from 0.9 to 1.0 for better compatibility.
* Hardware in Virtual Appliances is upgraded to 2 CPUs and 2GB of RAM.
* UFW is now enabled by default in Kerio Connect Virtual Appliance.
! Dropped support for vSphere Hypervisor 5.0, minimal required version is vSphere Hypervisor 5.1.
To learn more about our Kerio hosting solutions, please visit Kerio Connect Cloud shared hosting or our Kerio Connect Dedicated Server pages. If you have any questions about this update or how it relates to your Kerio Connect service, please contact us online or by calling 866-910-1070. Thank you!