Big Mountain is pleased to announce that the Kerio Connect 8.1 upgrade has been applied to all of our Kerio Connect servers. Follow is a list of changes:
Kerio Connect Instant Messaging
- Have you been in a situation when you needed an immediate response from a colleague on the other side of the world? Would instant messaging have been the perfect solution but your company doesn’t have an instant messaging server?
- Kerio Connect 8.1 comes with the new Kerio Connect Instant Messaging! With automatically populated contact list from GAL, you can send instant messages, share files or even hold live video and audio calls with your colleagues, instantly.
Support for Microsoft Windows 8 Mail
- Eager for more great news? Kerio Connect 8.1 now supports Microsoft Windows 8 Mail which enables users to synchronize emails, calendars and contacts with the Windows 8 Mail application via Exchange ActiveSync.
The new Kerio Connect 8.1 is now a native 64-bit service
- Large or medium installations with active users can rejoice. Kerio Connect 8.1 server now supports 64-bit services and can be installed onto 64-bit systems. This enables the system to address more memory to the services and also allows for more concurrent connections.
Kerio Connect client enhancements
- Our redesigned Kerio Connect client introduced in Kerio Connect 8 version got even sexier! The new enhancements include the ability to change the background colors or setting the time after which a message is marked as read. We also added appealing picture previews!
- SSL Certificate settings
- Enhanced Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition)
New Supported Platforms & Devices
- Added support for Microsoft Windows 8 Mail (32-bit, 64-bit, RT) synchronization.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (64-bit)
- CentOS 6 (64-bit)
- openSUSE (64-bit)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2 (64-bit)
- Debian 6.0 (64-bit)
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (64-bit)
Discontinued Platforms & Services
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
- Debian 5
- openSUSE 10
- Kerio Connector for BlackBerry is discontinued in this version of Kerio Connect.
- Kerio Sync Connector for Mac is discontinued in this version of Kerio Connect.
We hope you enjoy the added features of the new Kerio Connect 8.1! Please contact us 866-910-1070 if you have any questions regarding this upgrade. Thank you.