Kerio Connect 8.5
[divider]Big Mountain remains committed to providing the best Kerio Connect Hosting user experience possible. This post is to announce the latest improvements to the Kerio Connect mail server. Today, Kerio has released Kerio Connect version 8.5. It contains the following improvements:
Kerio Connect Client calendars
Agenda view has been added to Kerio Connect Client calendars. Users can also set the time required to travel to an event location so that they can be notified before they need to leave. All calendar views can also now be printed.
Read more about the calendar improvements in our Knowledge Base: Using calendars in Kerio Connect Client
Pinning Kerio Connect Client to the Windows taskbar
With Internet Explorer 9 or later, you can pin the Kerio Connect Client tab to the taskbar for immediate access.
Read more in our Knowledge Base: Pinning Kerio Connect Client to the Windows taskbar
Improved filters in Kerio Connect Client
Filtering rules in Kerio Connect Client have been redesigned to provide a better experience. Users can now use the Sieve language to create rules.
Read more about filters in our Knowledge Base: Sorting email messages in Kerio Connect Client
Several important security improvements have been incorporated in this version of Kerio Connect. OpenSSL library has been updated to version 1.0.1m. Server self-signed SSL certificates and certificate signing requests generated by the server are now signed with SHA-256 signature to comply with the enhanced SSL certificate security validation in some Internet browsers.
You can now manually change various SSL/TLS settings in the configuration file in Kerio Connect. Also, the SSLv3 protocol is now disabled by default.
Read more in our Knowledge Base: Configuring SSL/TLS in Kerio Connect
Personalizing the Kerio Connect Client login page
Administrators can now create a custom login page for Kerio Connect Client by adding graphics and text, and changing colors. For each domain, admins can also set up a new logo for the Kerio Connect Client interface.
Support for Exchange ActiveSync 14.1
Kerio Connect now supports Exchange ActiveSync version 14.1. Users can synchronize their notes, use the free/busy setting when creating events, and see the reply/forward flags in their messages.
Exchange ActiveSync account in Outlook 2013
Kerio Connect now supports the Exchange ActiveSync accounts in Outlook 2013. However, there are many limitations to its usage.
Read more in our Knowledge Base: Creating Exchange ActiveSync account in Outlook 2013
Kerio Connect Multi-Server
Kerio Connect Multi-Server has been updated with more features. You can now upgrade from earlier versions of Kerio Connect, users can share folders across all servers, the Zabbix monitoring server role has been added, servers can now share the SpamAssassin database, and much more.
Read more about Kerio Connect Multi-Server in our Knowledge Base: Kerio Connect Multi-Server
Here is a detailed list of updates:
+ Added feature
* Improved/changed feature
– Bug fixed
! Known issue / missing feature
Version 8.5.0 – May 18, 2015
+ Added support for Debian 8 Jessie (64-bit).
+ CalDAV clients and Kerio Connect Client can define additional “travel time” for each event in a calendar.
+ Added support for Exchange ActiveSync 14.1.
* Reply and forward flags are now synchronized via Exchange ActiveSync from iOS devices to the server.
* OpenSSL library upgraded to version 1.0.1m.
* Server SSL certificate and Certificate signing request is created with SHA-256 signature.
* Anti-hammering extended to SASL authentication methods.
* Informational messages about HTTPS redirection for each HTTP request moved to debug log.
* For subscribing shared folder in any IMAP client, it is necessary to map it in Kerio Connect Client first.
* Microsoft Entourage 2004 and 2008 clients are no longer configured with auto-configuration tool.
– Adding a domain footer into a message sent from Blackberry Z30 could render email body unreadable.
– Password lenght limit for POP3 downloader accounts was too low.
– Fixed IMAP folder synchronization in eM Client.
– Fixed an issue with accessing shared folders over IMAP.
– Fixed attachment names containing national characters in Kerio Connect Client.
– Offline messages in XMPP could be re-delivered after an upgrade to new server version.
– Fixed couple of server stability issues.
Kerio Connect Multi-Server
+ Users can share folders between multiple servers.
+ Added distributed SpamAssassin version for all servers.
+ Added node monitoring with Zabbix.
Kerio Connect Client
+ Added more formatting options for email editor – fonts, indentation, etc.
+ Support for travel time for events in a calendar.
+ Added new calendar agenda view.
+ Login dialog can be customized in product administration.
+ Added improved calendar printing.
+ Added possibility to create/modify recipient’s contact directly from email.
* Improved mail filters configuration.
* A new mail filter can be created directly from the message.
* Mail folders show total number of messages.
* Internet Explorer pinned app.
* Possibility to add sender to the spam whitelist.
* A brand new About dialog displaying product version and contact information.
* Improved time format configuration in Settings.
* New notification about password match when changing password in Settings.
* Forwarded message now contains more email headers from original message.
Kerio Connect Administration
* A new Sophos Live Protection option in Antivirus setting.
* Customizable login dialog for Kerio Connect Client.
– Fixed some translation typos.
[divider] For a complete history of all previous releases, please visit the Kerio Connect Release History.
To learn more about our Kerio hosting solutions, please visit Kerio Connect Cloud shared hosting or our Kerio Connect Dedicated Server pages. If you have any questions about this update or how it relates to your Kerio Connect service, please contact us online or by calling 866-910-1070. Thank you!